The symposium raises the main theme “Challenges and Opportunities of the Disruptive Era in Social Sciences, Humanities, Education and Islamic Studies”. This theme covers subthemes that allow prospective scholars who are interested in submitting their paper for oral presentation or workshop under the following scopes:
- Marketing Communication
- Public Relations
- Communication and New Media
- Democratic Governance
- Public Policy
- Gender and Equality
- Educational Leadership
- Technology in Education
- Teaching and Learning
- Cultural Issues in Education
- Instructional Design
- Character Education
- Religious and Spiritual Discourses in the Digital World
- New Religious Media and Shift of Religious Authority
- Digital Religious Learning and the Formation of Self-Piety
- The Role of Social Media in Religious Radicalism and its Eradication
- Transformations of Religious Rites, Rituals, and Festivals in the Digital Era
- Teaching Religious Studies in A New Digital World
- Religious Communities and their Role in the Digital Economy
- Interfaith Conversations and Debates in the Virtual World.
- The Future of Digital Religion: Strengthening or Destroying Conventional Religion?
- Digitalization of Religious Texts and Interpretive Practices in Contemporary Society
- Area Studies
- Diplomacy and Foreign Policy
- Security, Conflict and Resolution
- Global and Transnational Issues
- Gender and International Relations
- New Thinking of International Relations Theory
The list of programs that will be performed during the conference include the following programs:
Reception and Cultural Dinner
The participants of conference will be invited to attend the welcoming dinner hosted by Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta. Additional cultural performances are presented within the reception processes to entertain all participants in order to obtain different cultural touch while they stay during the conference.
Opening and Ministerial Remark
ISHERs is held under the big umbrella of ICOSI (International Conference for Sustainable Development). The opening remark will be delivered by the ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education, the Republic of Indonesia and he will proceed to present his key note speech.
Key note Speech and invited speech Session
The symposium presents the up-to-date development of knowledge from the scholars who possess expertise in the current fields. Among the invited speakers are.
- Dr. Zain Rafique (National University of Modern Language Islamabad, Pakistan)
- Rahmawati Husein, MCP, Ph.D (Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta)
- Dr. Ben Wadham (Flinders University, South Australia)
- Dr. Koichi Iwabuchi (Monash University)
The symposium arranges parallels sessions for participants to share their research findings, knowledge, and expertise. The sessions are made available for 100 presenters.
Participants of the conference can buy books and other publication from invited publishers to improve their knowledge.