Moreover, the growth rate of crop productivity is declining. The implementation of low-input-low-output system is still ineffective to boost the necessary growth of crop production. One of cultivation system predicted to be a solution for overcoming this trilemma is the sustainable agriculture. It is defined as a system which enable the delivery of output increase, but at the same time, it also reduces the demands of industrial resources and greenhouse gas emissions. This system involves a step change in natural resource productivity (NRP). Advances in biotechnology as well as information and engineering technology underpin the NRP growth.
Since the sustainable aspect become the main requirement to face this agricultural trilemma, we are forced to think radically and fully engage the technology, so we could maintain the food security. In this digital era 4.0, it is the time for technology to be sustained – and the sustainability to be managed technologically. Recently, the utilization of tech-led innovations driven by artificial intelligence, the internet of things (IoT) and highly massive data has provided a promising opportunity for industry players who fully engaging the engineering technology to involve in the management of agricultural practices. Over the next 10 to 20 years, robots will be such a common view in all farming sites, instead of animals and farmers. Operation of agricultural management will be highly progressive as the harvesting machine controlled by satellite technology will take over the works, while drone will control what is going on in the field.
In accordance with the implementation of the upcoming INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION (ICOSI) 2019 which will be held by Muhammadiyah University of Yogyakarta and presents “Innovation and Sustainability in Disruptive Era”, hence Agrotechnology Department of Agriculture Faculty would like to propose the 2nd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE 2019 as one of communication media for all academicians from various institutions throughout the world. The presenting theme is adjusted with the theme of ICOSI 2019 namely “Disruptive Innovation on Sustainable Agriculture”.
- UMY academicians have an opportunity to participate in an international-scale academic activity, resulting in improved insights, motivations and inspirations from various institutions in the field of agrotechnology.
- Providing a publication medium for academicians participating in this international conference, both in a Scopus-indexed proceeding or DIKTI and DOAJ-accredited national journal (Planta Tropika).
- Maintaining the existing institutional collaborations with other universities or research institutes.
- Providing a facility for UMY academicians to become more effective problem solver in the upcoming activities or events.
- Elevating the stepping stone for UMY to be considered as World Class University.
- Scopus-indexed proceeding as the output of ICOSI 2019
- Journal of Agrotechnology Department, Planta Tropika (affiliation of Muhammadiyah University of Yogyakarta)